~This is the story of our journey to adopt what was a waiting angel in Eastern Europe. Gabby has been home now for over a year and is the greatest blessing we have ever been given! Through our many tears of joy, hope, fear, determination, and anticipation shared during this experience.......we hope you will be inspired to take part in changing the life of another waiting angel/orphan~



Friday, January 14, 2011

Could it be

that this is the same baby girl who screamed to the top of her lungs, clinched her little fingers into my chest, and cried her eyes out at the glimps of water?  Yes it is!  When we first attempted to bath her in Ukraine, she behaved as stated above.  It was very sad and concerning but then I began reading how nearly every baby adopted from an orphanage did the exact same thing.  This is because they are given only a type of a "sponge bath."  We honestly wondered if she would ever get use to a bath.  When we got home with her we attempted a few more times and had the same results.  Then we began to think that she just needed more time to adjust to all the changes so we began washing her with a wash cloth and washing her hair with a wash cloth, shampoo, and water from a bowl (which she still didn't like).  Lately, the last month or so, we have noticed she is just thriving in every area and she also began standing against the bath tub and allowing us to run the water and she would reach out and touch it. One night I decided to try her in the bath tub again and of course she cried and wanted to hang on to me but she didn't cry as much.  At that point I thought to myself, "I am going to bath her every other night and get her use to it by being consistent."  The next time I bathed her, I stood her in the water and allowing her to hold on to me while I sat outside of the tub and then I rubbed water on her legs. I slowly sat her in the water and let her play with toys, this time she only grunted a little. I was shocked.  Then she let me wash her hair and body.  This happened with the next bath as well which took place a couple days later. Then she surprised us with this....and it only took doing it four consistent times!  She loves a bath now! I actually feel bad for taking her out when it comes time. I allow her to play for a while and I keep refilling the water to keep it warm and she just simply loves it.  She doesn't cry at all!  This baby girl has endless potential and to doubt her in any area would be pure ignorance.  She has been through more than the majority of us will ever go through an to be here today...healthy, happy, maturing, and developing so well is AMAZING! The love of a family obviously means much more than anyone could imagine.  I know it has changed our lives forever!  We love you baby girl!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Your prayers, love, and support means more to us than you will ever know!

Jason & Sylvia